With a hot summer ahead, you can look forward to lots of time by the pool. Pool accidents are serious, but there are some simple things you can put in place to keep everyone safe this summer.
- Install a four-foot or taller fence around the pool and spa and use self-closing and self-latching gates; ask your neighbors to do the same at their pools. This is especially important if you have children who cannot swim or who are young.
- Install and use a lockable safety cover on your spa.
- Install door alarms and always use them. For additional protection, install window guards on windows facing pools or spas. If you have a door out to your pool, it’s important to install an alarm so you know if a child accidentally wanders out to the pool. You can also install pool and gate alarms to alert you when a child goes near the water.
- Ensure any pool and spa you use has compliant drain covers. Ask your pool service provider if you have any questions.
- Maintain pool and spa covers in good working order.
- Consider using a surface wave or underwater alarm.
Need a hand? ReeceNichols has partnered with Zaarly to make sure you get the best service experts for all of your home projects! Ask your ReeceNichols agent for a $50 promo code to use on your first project!
Sign-up for Zaarly, it’s free!